Saturday, June 15, 2013

Grilled Chicken With Roasted Vegetables

I have not been posting the last couple days because I have been trying to take advantage of the beautiful weather we had and it is a good thing I did because it rained again last night and stormed today. Anyway, for dinner last night (before the rain) I made grilled chicken with roasted vegetables and it was fantastic! I have wanted to try making roasted vegetables for a long time but for some reason it intimidated me. Now that I have made them I wish I would have done it a long time ago, it was really simple. Here is how I did it.....
I started by scrubbing some red potatoes and cutting them into small chunks:
Then, I took some brussel sprouts and trimmed off the hard ends and then cut them in half:

Next, I rough chopped a red onion:
I put everything into a large bowl and mixed them all together with a generous drizzle of olive oil, minced garlic, a sprinkle of sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and some crushed red pepper. If you don't like food very spicy you could use very little crushed red pepper or you could just omit it. Trust me, there is enough flavor that you won't feel like your missing out.
Now take the mixture and spread it onto a baking sheet so that it is all just one layer, if you pile it up not all the vegetables will be able to brown and it will take longer to cook.
Put the baking sheet into an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees. I let them bake for 30 minutes then stirred them up and spread them back out so they are one layer again and turned the oven up to 400 degrees and let them cook for another 10-15 minutes.
Here is a closer look:
 

See how everything has a beautiful caramel color! While the veggies were roasting I prepared the chicken. I preheated my gas grill and when it was ready I sprayed it with Weber's Non Stick Grilling Spray:
I seasoned the chicken with Weber's Kickin' Chicken:
 

Look at those beautiful grill marks:
That's it! Then you get to plate it up and dig in!
The chicken is juicy and the veggies have a sort of sweet and spicy flavor. So Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment