Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dining Out...

One thing I have noticed is restaurants are becoming more aware of specialty diet needs. I went out to dinner tonight with my sister and we ate at Jake's City Grille in Maplewood, MN. I asked our server if they had a gluten free menu and I was so excited when she said yes! I took a quick photo:

I decided to have the Cilantro-Lime Chicken Salad and it was SO GOOD! It had grilled chicken (obviously), grape tomatoes, feta cheese, candied walnuts, and fresh seasonal fruit (strawberries and raspberries) all tossed in a delicious cilantro-lime dressing.

It tastes better than it looks, I started to mix it up and then realized I forgot to take a picture. Of course I needed a beverage to wash it down with so I was going to have one of my favorite summer drinks.... a mojito! Then the server suggested I try their Kinky mojito (Kinky is the brand of the rum) and it was amazing! Mind blown! It was still prepared like a traditional mojito with simple syrup, mulled fresh mint, and soda but the rum has a light fruity flavor. I might have to start ordering Kinky mojitos everywhere I go now!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment