Monday, June 10, 2013

Greek Cucumber Salad

Tonight for dinner I wanted something fresh and light but also filling. This salad is very only calls for a couple ingredients.
I used a seedless english cucumber and diced it into small bite size pieces:
I use grape tomatoes because I think they have a sweet flavor and cut them into sixths:
Then I do a small dice on a red onion. If your onion is too strong you can always rinse them under cool water:
We are almost done.... Next you just have to mix in some feta cheese and some fresh cracked pepper. I don't add any salt because the feta has enough salt in it.
Here is a closer look:
This goes great with a grilled chicken breast or steak. I made it as an appetizer for a party one time and it was a huge hit. I cut the cucumber into 1 inch chunks and scooped out the inside so they were like little bowls, chopped up the part I scooped out, and filled them with the salad. I recreated one to show you what they look like:
Make sure to leave a little of the bottom in the cucumber so the filling doesn't fall out. This is what they look like filled:
Don't they look tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment